Friday, December 15, 2017

Decorating for Christmas

For the last couple years Eric and I had been using a pretty sparse-looking mini Christmas tree that I had from when I was in college. We said we would use it one more year this year, but after Christmas we wanted to find a good deal on a better tree.

Well I happened to be scanning Craigslist and found a really nice pre-lit one that someone was trying to get rid of for next to nothing. We went to go take a look and we were sold! They even threw in some extra Christmas lights.



After Thanksgiving we pulled out all the decorations. We had gained a bit more since last year from Eric's parents moving, my grandparents, things we used in the wedding, etc.





It has been really nice to have a place that feels like ours. It has been a lot of fun decorating it and making it feel like home.







It has been getting much cooler in the 40s here at night. We haven't used the heat yet, but we have the fireplace burning almost anytime we're home and it has actually saved us a lot on our bill :)



Even though we're in an apartment, it didn't stop us from decorating the little outdoor space we have. This is Eric's favorite spot.



During the day it has still been really warm here - almost 80 degrees the past week. Last weekend we even had breakfast on the balcony on a sunny and 75 degree morning while football was on in the living room, it was pretty fantastic.



I certainly can't complain about this weather - but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the snow everyone has been getting recently! Snow is a very nostalgic part of winter for me, and I know we'll get it again one day. For now, I'll enjoy the warm sunny December while I can!

3 comments:

  1. Place looks fantastic! I especially love the sideboard under the mirror and the outdoor balcony! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place looks so festive! I love it! So glad you two are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice decorations! Love the fireplace! Sometimes wish we had one.

    ReplyDelete