Monday, July 16, 2018

4th of July

This 4th of July was one for the books! Benny and I flew out of San Diego on the night of July 3rd and arrived in Virginia early in the morning on July 4th. We were tired, but so excited to be at my mom and Dave's new house for the week!

I can't imagine a better vacation house. Even my grandparents were there for a couple days, I wish they could have stayed the whole week!


That evening my sister and her family arrived, finally we were all together!




We ate dinner on the gorgeous wrap-around porch.



They even have chickens!


We enjoyed the best company sitting by the pool.

We even had an unforgettable 'parade' around the pool waving American Flags (compliments of Opa) and singing Yankee Doodle. The girls loved it!



Dave had found some old fireworks he had from 15 years ago, so the guys decided to test them out.

They all still worked! They guys put on an entire fireworks show for us, it was very impressive.



My mom made a delicious American flag cake that she has been making for as long as I can remember.

It was truly the best way to celebrate Independence Day, enjoying the summer with so much family around us. We are so thankful to live in America!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Still having wonderful thoughts from last week - can't wait for more weeks like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Thanks for coming and making it such a special July 4th! It was a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice 4th! OMG, I made the same dessert!

    ReplyDelete