Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas Spirit

I feel like this Christmas season has been going by so quickly. Before we knew it, there were less than 2 weeks until Christmas and we hadn't really done much to celebrate or get in the spirit. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that a lot of things are cancelled this year given the current circumstances. Regardless, we have been trying to take advantage this last week leading into the holiday.
We have had some beautiful sunset walks in the neighborhood.

Our neighborhood also had a golf cart parade of lights. It was actually very impressive, people get really into it! Of course all my pictures are blurry, but we had a great time.

As is typical of most babies, Bonnie has helped clear off the bottom part of our Christmas tree.
We made and decorated a gingerbread house with Katie and the kids. Well, Katie made the house and we just helped decorate. It turned out so cute!
We drove around and found some of the best Christmas lights in the area.


We have watched Christmas movies.


And I made sugar cookies for the first time. I didn't really think it through because after I made the dough I realized I didn't have a rolling pin, so I used a bottle.

And then I realized I didn't have any cookie cutters, so I used a butter knife.
And then I realized we didn't have any sprinkles so decorating would have to wait until the next day. I will update you on how they turn out.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season despite the circumstances. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So so impressed with all your Christmas prep this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great cookies with limited resources! Love them. The lights were impressive. Love the gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete