Monday, January 25, 2021

My Birthday

It was nice having my birthday on a long weekend this year. On Saturday Eric watched Bonnie all day so I could go do whatever I wanted without worrying about rushing around or being tied to anyone else's schedule. I got to go thrifting and just get a lot of random errands done that tend to pile up. 

While I was gone these two cleaned up the house and decorated. On my actual birthday I got to have a slow morning while Eric got up with Bonnie, we did breakfast and opened some presents.

After B woke up from her first nap we bundled up and went for a walk in Williamsburg.

We FaceTimed with Eric's family while we were out.

Then Katie, Eleanor and Jane met up with us on our walk!

We could have walked for much longer but we had to get back and put Bonnie down for another nap and get ready for dinner. After B woke up we brought her to Katie's who offered to babysit while we went out to dinner.

She had such a good time, as usual.

And so did we! We went to a place that is known for their steaks and seafood. I got shrimp and scallops and Eric got a ribeye. 

The food was delicious even though I didn't get a picture. It was the first time we've been out to eat together in a year.  

They also brought out some ice cream and a brownie, which was also delicious. 

By the time we picked up Bonnie and got back home it was pretty well past her bedtime. She was way too tired to stay up for cake, much like last year. At least this year she did get to enjoy some the next day with us. 

Eric made me a beautiful cake, even though we were still stuffed from dinner. I got to hear from lots of family and friends and felt so loved. It was such a great day, thank you especially to Eric for making it so special and to Katie and Christ for babysitting! 

2 comments: