Sunday, September 18, 2016

Colorado - the wedding

Last weekend Eric and I were in Colorado for one of my best friends' wedding. We knew this trip was going to be a whirlwind for us. With us in the midst of planning our own wedding, we've been saving money wherever we can. When I found airline tickets for half the cost of any I'd seen before, I knew we had to jump on them. Basically they were for redeye flights through the night on Friday and flying home through the night on Sunday.



We worked all day Friday. Later that night my brother was nice enough to let us keep our car at his place for the weekend and take us to the airport. We got to our hotel near Denver at about 2 AM. I ended up waking up at 4 AM (thinking it was 6 AM thanks to my phone not updating to local time) and showered, got ready to head out. I realized my mistake once I was completely ready and about to wake Eric up to head out the door. Discouraged, I laid back down for another hour. Then we were in the car and ready to finish our drive to Estes Park!

We couldn't help but be re-energized after the beautiful morning drive and then seeing this upon our arrival.



We saw my old roommate Annie pretty much by herself getting everything ready so we jumped in and got to work decorating/setting up tables as soon as we got out of the car. The whole place was looking absolutely beautiful.





Jeanne made some amazing chalkboards (I was so thankful she offered to help with ours if we needed any as well).



Then it was time for me to head inside to get ready with the girls.



The beautiful bride :)



I realized a little too late I never got a picture of Eric and I dressed up together. He was so awesome and patient that day though. We pretty much didn't get a chance to see each other at all until later in the afternoon at the reception (after getting ready, the ceremony, and all the pictures). He said he had a great time with all the guests and meeting new people.



She looked absolutely stunning.



Cannot beat this view. Apparently the weather had been overcast every day until Saturday. The sun was shining all day long.



Once all the bridesmaids were lined up, the bride was ready to make her entrance.



It was such a sweet ceremony. It was very personal and with a little help, they pretty much wrote the whole thing themselves.



I don't think there was a single dry eye when Kevin said his vows to Jeanne'.





Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Sherman!



There's not much that trumps seeing someone you love this happy.



First dance.



First dance with her stepdad.



Lasagna for dinner - everyone was definitely ready to eat by this point ;)



The rest of the night was full of dancing and mingling around the fire.



The dance floor was full of people all night long.



Jeanne' and her mamabear. Please notice in the background the guy who split his pants. I kid you not, THREE guys split their pants - not on purpose. Obviously there was some serious dancing.



Some of the roommates from college. We've been loving all the excuses for reunions lately.



It was such a fun night but I was pretty exhausted but by about 10 that night. However I was the getaway driver for the happy couple - ain't no rest for the wicked ;) Around 1 AM they were ready to leave. Luckily when Eric and I got back, someone had an extra tent set up for us so we washed up, threw our sleeping bags in the tent and passed OUT within seconds.

Stay tuned for the second half of our trip..!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a total adventure/blast - esp the pants ripping part!!!!! Bummer about the early wake up though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have slept 2 days after that weekend! What a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful pictures! It looked like so much fun. I don't know how you stayed awake!!!

    ReplyDelete