Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Class, cakes, and a little Christmas cheer

Lately I haven't had a whole lot to update on. Honestly, pretty much any free time I have is spent on the class I've been taking. But when my sister and Chris headed to Mexico a couple weeks ago, I jumped at the chance to go help out with the girls at my mom's house.



Not only do I love seeing these faces as much as possible, but my mom had recently broken her arm and I have no idea how she took care of everything all day by herself. Wonder woman I tell you. I had to work that day so I drove straight over afterwards.



I was able to help out with getting dinner together, feeding the girls, playing, and getting them to bed. My dad and brother also came over around dinner time but I didn't get pictures. It's a full-time job taking care of two kids! Katie is probably laughing at that.



It was so nice to get some cuddles from this one. She is so snuggly and sweet. It's not often I get to take advantage of that so I definitely got all the hugs I could while I was there. I stayed the night and the next morning was able to at least help get one little lady dressed, and the other one a diaper change and half dressed again before I had to head back out to work.



I wish I could have stayed longer to help out more! They were so great though. I loved seeing them cuddle together first thing in the morning. Adorable.

Last week we decided we needed some cheer since everything has been all about work around here lately. Therefore, we decided it was certainly not too early to bring out the Christmas tree. Anything to lighten things up ;)



Eventually we'll have to upgrade but right now I love our little tree. We've been wearing santa hats around the house and loving celebrating way too early.



And fortunately, I got a break from studying when my mom set up a cake tasting for us last weekend. It was so fun and much needed. Since the class has been such a big time commitment, I haven't had as much time to work on wedding planning recently, but I'm still trying to enjoy it as much as I can. Let's just say I'm going to be elated come December when this class is over.



Stuff like this is a welcome break from school :)



Cake for breakfast? Yep.



Thank you mom for all your help - I couldn't do any of this without you!



Honestly though, everyone has been so supportive and helpful. I'm so thankful for the people I have in my life. There have definitely been times that I've gotten pretty overwhelmed with everything going on. But my mom has been so helpful with the wedding planning, my sister has been working on getting some of my friends together, various family members have been jumping in to take the reigns on certain parts of the wedding or even just providing any resources they may have. And then Eric, he's so great. Our quality time together has been pretty much eliminated recently and he's been so patient, supportive, understanding, and helpful making dinner every night and picking up the slack on things I'm not able to do right now.

As crazy as things may be right now, I can't be anything but grateful for all the people in my life and all the things that are going on. And I suppose that's a pretty good perspective to have going into Thanksgiving next week :)

3 comments:

  1. So cute! What cake did you decide on? Do you have any ornaments on that tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the help with the girls with my broken arm. It was so needed! I had a great time at the cake shop. How fun to see so many options and you decided on everything on the spot. Wow! Glad you are enjoying an early Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that certainly looks like great teamwork out there! Congratulations on one more decision checked off the wedding list! Cake is a fun one.

    ReplyDelete