Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween!

I hope you all had a great Halloween! It's been busy as usual here, a little overwhelming actually. I know it is just temporary though, part of the ebb and flow of life. We are definitely looking forward to things slowing down at some point, although I know it may just continue to be crazy for the next few months.

I don't know where October went! We haven't had a lot of time to prepare for Halloween but we did get one weekend during the month that we weren't traveling so we made sure to take advantage. We went to my mom's on a Friday to visit her after she had surgery on her arm. My sister was up with the girls helping care for her. We love spending time with this crazy crew.





We headed home later that night and realized that we left Eric's sunglasses there. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but we were getting ready to head out to San Antonio in a couple days so we decided to drive back the next day to get them. The rest of the family was already gone for the weekend so we decided to stop by the shooting range out that way to make the hour trip worth it. Eric doesn't get the chance to go as often as he'd like so I was glad it worked out.





It was a beautiful day to be outside.



Later that night we made plans to go to Field of Screams in Maryland. Neither of us had ever been but we heard great things.



They had different activities you could do (haunted trails, hayrides, haunted house). We decided to just do the haunted hayride since it was all we would really have time for.



While we were in line they had different performers trying to keep us entertained which made the wait not so bad. The hayride ended up being really fun but we weren't able to take any pictures.



We got home from our last minute trip to San Antonio this past Sunday (more on that later). With Monday being Halloween, we quickly went to the store to grab some candy and put up some lights around the house, broke out some masks, and decorated a little.



We found some face paint that we got on sale after Halloween last year so Eric let me paint his face. We didn't really know what we were going for but we only had white, black, and red - so this was the quickest/simplest thing I could come up with before trick-or-treaters started arriving. I think it turned out pretty good!



Eric gets really into holidays and loves to decorate/get into the spirit even if we don't have any big plans. I love that about him. Things have been so busy and recently it's been harder to find time to breathe/enjoy the moment. I was working on homework for the majority of the afternoon/night for my Accounting class. But I was really glad he convinced me to take a break and let me paint his face, pull out all the decorations, and have fun handing out candy to the kids that came by.

Happy November!

3 comments:

  1. Agreed about the holiday thing - so much more fun to get into them! Nice job w the face paint. Did the red wash off??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The face painting looked great! Enjoy the moments you can!!

    ReplyDelete