Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Boat Parade of Lights

Happy December everyone! I can't believe we're already well into the last month of the year and I will be done with my class at the end of this week!! The holidays couldn't have come at a better time. I am definitely in need of some Christmas cheer and something more fun to focus on :)

Last weekend Eric and I went to Alexandria's boat parade of lights (thanks mom for the recommendation!).



If we were to do it again we probably wouldn't drive - it gets very crowded downtown. But once we finally found parking, it was so fun to walk around. The streets were covered in lights and there were so many people out and about.



The Torpedo Factory is located right on the water which is where we went to see the boat parade of lights. Basically it's exactly what you would expect - a parade of boats decked out in Christmas/holiday lights.



It was really fun to see all the different boats going by and seeing the national harbor in the background.





There are so many cool things about living in Alexandria. I never could have predicted I would live so close to DC, and who knows how long we'll be here. But for now I truly enjoy taking advantage of all there is to offer.



After watching the boat parade for a little while, we headed into the Torpedo Factory to warm up and check it out. We visited once this past Spring but this time it was even more vibrant with Christmas lights and so many people out enjoying all the different artists' work.





It's been a tough couple of months - I don't know if I've ever been so excited and ready for the holiday season! :) I'm just looking forward to quality time with loved ones and taking a step back to focus and reflect on what this season is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the class being almost over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to take a couple hours away from those books! Always fun to see the lights. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete