Thursday, December 15, 2016

National Cathedral

After taking my final(!) exam last weekend, Eric and I went out to dinner to celebrate.



We also finally got to hang out and do random low-key holiday things like watching Christmas movies, taking out more decorations, and working on getting some Christmas shopping done.



Eric also got an ugly sweater gift early from his sister so we had fun decorating that :)



On Sunday we went to the National Cathedral to see the Cathedral Choral Society present Joy of Christmas. I had never seen the National Cathedral from the inside and really wanted to make a point of going this year. It didn't disappoint. So beautiful.





I've seen the outside of the Cathedral from airplanes and driving by, but it was even bigger in person (I'm in the bottom right corner).













The choir did an amazing job and definitely gave me chills a few times. The organist had a beautiful solo and we got to sing along to a couple songs as well. There's just nothing like music at Christmastime. I wish we could listen to it all year-round.





We had an amazing time and it was the best way to celebrate my class being over and being able to spend some quality time together again. I hope you all are enjoying the season - I don't want it to end!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up your class! So fun to make holiday memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a wedding there but that was he only time. So fun and such a nice Christmas excursion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to celebrate the end of that class!

    ReplyDelete