Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Summer Days

September is just over a week away! I can't believe how fast this summer has been flying by. On the other hand, just a few months ago we were still living in Virginia with the jobs we had for 5-6 years and had no idea what was about to be in store for us. A lot has happened since then!

Normally around this time of year I'm hanging on to and soaking in as many last summer moments as I can get. This year, I still feel that way but it's a little different since I've never really experienced the seasons here so I don't know what to expect. I hear August/September are the warmest "Summer" months which is great news for me, although I know I will miss the Fall season once those leaves are changing back home.

After family left a couple weeks ago, I needed a pick-me-up so Eric and I jumped on our bikes and took off for the bay.













It was a beautiful sunny day. We spent an hour or two at the beach and then biked to 7-11 to split a slurpee and rent a couple Redbox movies. We layed around the house the rest of the afternoon taking naps and watching movies (including Beauty and the Beast - great recommendation Eleanor). We did get out to take a walk at some point - you would think we're living at a resort with the picture below.



The next weekend we got to reuse the Seaworld tickets we used when my family was in town. It was $10 to use the same ticket again, which was a great deal. And this time Eric, Alison and her family got to come along! They were really bummed they couldn't make it the week before so they were very excited to hear we were going again on a weekend.

When we were upgrading the tickets, the lady working there told us there's a new deal online where we can actually come anytime the rest of the year and get in free with Eric's Veteran ID - good to know! Since we're able to bike here and not pay for parking, we think we may just come whenever we feel like jumping on a roller coaster or catching a show and then head back home :)



I was glad we were able to go back and see some of the things I missed the first time we went.



And Eric got to see it all for the first time in a long time too.



That afternoon Alison and her family took off to head home. Eric and I went home for a couple hours to get dinner and relax a little and then went back on our own later that night. We got to ride the Skyride that goes over Mission Bay, which was really cool to see at night.



There's a completely different feel to amusement parks at night. It's less crowded, there are lights everywhere, and you can run around and see/do almost whatever you want with no lines. Eric and I had so much fun.



Eric particularly loved the sharks, his shirt was on point.







The main reason I wanted to come back was for the late night show. It is Seaworld's best rated show, so I figured we had to see what it was all about.





It did not disappoint!





The guy with the water jet pack was by far the most impressive to watch. He literally went higher than I thought was even possible and did all kinds of flips. At one point he went so high, the jet ski connected to him was halfway lifted out of the water (unfortunately I didn't get that part on video).


It was a fun day to lead into a busy week. The week following was nothing but work and interviews. I hope you all are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. That show looks amazing!! So glad you are able to go all the time now! How are the interviews going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to go back in the evening. What a fun place to have right next door! Enjoy and few more trips there!

    ReplyDelete