Friday, October 6, 2017

Grandparents Visit (from Texas)

Last weekend we were so excited my grandparents were going to be in San Diego for one night before embarking on a cruise for almost the next three months. We all had plans (including my cousin Mikey) to meet up for dinner while they were here.

My Aunt Holly and Uncle Mike also ended up coming down to visit Mikey and surprise my grandparents. On Friday night, we went out to dinner with Holly, Mike, and Mikey at a pretty great pizza/beer place. The pizza was so good, we'll probably have to go back.



The next day, Eric and I went to go pick up my grandparents from the airport. We had just enough time to take them to their hotel and show them our apartment before we had to head out for dinner. It was so nice to finally show them our place in person! They were a huge part of helping us make the move out here.



When we walked up to the restaurant my Uncle Mike and Aunt Holly came around the corner towards us. My grandparents looked so confused at first, but then so excited! And it was hugs all around.



It was really such a fun surprise. I'm so glad Holly and Mike were able to come visit!





We got to sit outside at a big table with a little fire/heater in the middle.



The restaurant was right on the water, such a nice setting. We thoroughly enjoyed catching up with everyone. It was such a short time we were all together, we didn't want it to end.



We decided to meet up again in the morning for breakfast at a place downtown.



Apparently it was a pretty popular place, there was a line down the block by the time we left. Luckily we didn't have to wait long once everyone arrived. It was also a bit more cozy which made it easier for us all to visit with each other.



After breakfast we went back to my grandparents' hotel lobby to hang out for a while before they had to take off. They have the greatest stories. We could literally spend the whole day sitting around talking and have a great time.



But by late morning it was time to say goodbye.



Eric and I dropped them off near their ship that would be their home for the next few months.





It was hard to say goodbye after such a short visit, but we have thoroughly enjoyed getting updates about their travels. We also realized we have had the chance to see my grandparents 3 times in the last 7 months - I hope we can continue this trend! Thank you for spending your time with us!

2 comments: