Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Exploring San Diego - Sunset Cliffs

This past weekend we finally felt like things were starting to settle down and we were getting back into our normal routine. Eric is feeling better after being sick after travel, we've been able to start working out together again, and I have started somewhat of a 'Spring cleaning'. After all the shopping and gift giving/receiving of the holidays, the New Year is my favorite time to go through the house and purge/donate things that we no longer need or use. In the midst of all that, Eric has been hard at work studying for his PMP certification! It's been really fun to watch him get excited and gain more confidence the more he learns.

On one afternoon after hours of studying/cleaning we needed a break. Sunset Cliffs has been on my bucket list since we moved here, and I knew it wasn't far away.





You guys, this has become one of my favorite places in San Diego. If it weren't for the trails at Torrey Pines, it would probably be my favorite.



I think I said to Eric ten different times "I wish I knew about this place when my family was visiting!"

The tide pools are far better in my opinion than the ones at Cabrillo National Monument. In the picture above, every one of those little rocks are actually hermit crabs. There were crabs, coral, sea anemones, and various other sea life everywhere you looked.

Even these strange cucumber-like things (so scientific) that closed when you touched them. If you know what they're called - let me know!


There were beautiful views from up high and down below. Apparently it's a favorite surf spot too because there were so many surfers out that day.





It was so nice just to be out in the sun, feet in the sand, smelling the seaweed and saltwater with the ocean next to us.




After a rough start to 2018 (re-routed/cancelled flights, general setbacks, health, etc.), we're getting the train back on track and it feels good. Sunset Cliffs was the perfect place to help do that - we will definitely be back here!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed it so much. Great pictures. Makes me want to come back out soon to see it and spend time with you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love all these pics and would love to visit this place!

    ReplyDelete