Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My Birthday

Last Thursday was my birthday! It was such a nice day thanks to all my amazing family. I asked Eric to make me a birthday cake this year and he happily obliged. It was the first cake he has ever made, I was very impressed how it turned out.

While I was at work that day, Alison showed up and surprised me with flowers! It was so sweet, as it's pretty out of her way. We got to sit and chat for a little bit before she had to take off, it was such a nice break in the day.

After work Eric took me out to Cafe Coyote in Old Town.


We ordered some fun drinks, and enough food to last us for days (seriously - I had had leftovers for lunch all weekend).

Mariachi players typically roam around the restaurant for anyone who would like a song or two. Eric didn't hesitate to stop them and have them serenade me, a first for me!

After dinner the waiter brought out a mini cake, as if we had more room for dessert. But it was delicious!


We decided to walk around Old Town for a little bit after dinner to walk off some of the food.

Then we headed home where Eric had decorated and also got me flowers :)


I opened a couple gifts and birthday cards - I got so many cards from family, it was so fun to open them all! I was definitely spoiled this year.

Then Eric sang to me and I blew out candles. However, we were still much too full for cake so we enjoyed that the next day instead.

Eric and our whole family made me feel so special with visits, messages, and phone calls all day. Thank you for making it such a great birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! That was so sweet of Alison to come by and visit and bring you flowers! And Eric's cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great birthday! Glad you were spoiled! Happy happy day!

    ReplyDelete