Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Birthday

My birthday happened to fall on a Saturday this year. That morning Eric made pancakes for me while we decided what to do for the day. It's not always easy to think of something on a cold, wet January day with a baby!

We pulled up a list of places that offer freebies for your birthday and made note of each place I wanted to go. First up, free drink from Starbucks on our way to the mall.

I got a free birthday gift from Sephora (skincare sample set) and then some free Auntie Ann's for a needed snack while we took a break to feed Bonnie.

We walked around a bit and then got three free cookies from Great American Cookie before we left.

Before we headed home we stopped by Nothing Bundt Cake to get a free personal birthday cake - this year I decided on white chocolate raspberry. No regrets.

That night Katie was so kind to offer to watch Bonnie for us so we could have our first date night without her! It was SO nice going out to eat just the two of us.

We went to Bonefish Grill and got a free appetizer while we waited. We realized halfway through that we hadn't talked about Bonnie at all (up to that point).

Meanwhile, she had a great time with Aunt Katie and her cousins.


Once we got home, we put Bonnie straight to bed, opened a couple gifts/cards, and had a delicious strawberry cake Benny made me.


It was such a fun day and perfect for me - I have the most fun when we're getting a good deal :) I also was just so thankful this year to be celebrating my birthday as a family of three. It's not so bad getting older!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I done that exact same thing on several birthdays! Happy Birthday!
    Love all that free stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday! Happy happy day!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete