Sunday, August 21, 2016

Dress shopping and 1812 Overture

Last weekend my mom and Eric's mom came dress shopping with me in Alexandria! It was so much fun and so helpful having them there. I had been dress shopping in Leesburg with my sister and mom not long after we got engaged and had a couple options in mind but still hadn't made a decision yet on the dress.




























The first place we went to had a lot of options but we weren't able to look around so I would just try on what they picked out. The lady was very nice but I didn't see anything I liked more than what I had already seen. We ran into a second place that was a bit over my price range and it was by appointment only so we didn't spend much time there.

We were about ready to head home when I remembered one last place that Eric and I happened to drive by one day. We decided at the last minute to go check it out and I'm so glad we did! They had a pretty big selection and we were able to peruse around on our own. We found an open fitting room to try on a couple things and I found my dress! I love the dress - it was a hard decision and I'm so glad it's one that's off my shoulders :)







































Then we headed back to our place to meet the guys and have some lunch together. Eric's dad had come over to spend time with Eric while we were out shopping. It was really fun to have them all over, and especially to have both our moms help me try on dresses!





























Later that afternoon Eric and I went into D.C. to meet up with my sister and her family for the 1812 Overture. My sister had just had a birthday earlier in the week so it was great to get to spend some time with them.







































We tried to find a little reprieve (it was a hot and sticky afternoon) by having a picnic in the shade before the concert started.










The sunset was beautiful.








































Love these ladies.





Both the girls seemed to have a great time dancing along.































































Neither Eric or I had been to the 1812 Overture before so we were really glad we got to check it out. Any weekend we're able to get together with family is a great weekend.




3 comments:

  1. So fun!! Congratulations on the dress and was so glad to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend and so fun to see all the beautiful options. You picked out a beautiful dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! How wonderful both moms were there with you when you found THE DRESS! I'm sure it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete