Thursday, January 19, 2017

Birthday

I can't believe we are already well into January, just about 5 weeks away from the wedding..! Now that the holidays are over, wedding planning is back in full swing. At this point it's all the little details that we're trying to work out. And on top of that, my birthday was this past Wednesday!

I had planned on going out to Leesburg to see my mom last weekend, but after some very last minute changes she offered to come out to Alexandria to help me put some favors together. It was sooo nice of her to come all the way out here, and was a HUGE help. I was pretty much burnt out on working on favors and she was a machine. She didn't want to leave until they were as close to done as possible.



Even though it was an extremely last minute, unplanned trip out - she somehow still showed up at the door with a couple birthday gifts and cupcakes :) Moms are the best.



A while back Katie had showed me some ideas for favors, including a super cute idea of hot chocolate in little test tubes. It was definitely the most economical idea and I always love something homemade. Thanks for the idea, Katie!



While we were working on those, Eric was grilling up some chicken for dinner. We took a break from the favors to eat dinner and watch some football.



My mom had brought over red velvet cupcakes - the best! They didn't last long at our house.



Thank you so much for coming, mom! Your visit was a valuable birthday gift in itself!



On Tuesday Eric and I went over to his parents' house for a little celebration. They go all out for birthdays! When we walked in, they had decorated with streamers and balloons everywhere.





We got to spend lots of time visiting and FaceTiming with his sister's family which was a lot of fun.





His mom had made the cutest and most delicious cake. I even got all the candles out in one try ;)



And gifts too - they are way too sweet to me. I lucked out on getting to marry into a pretty awesome family. Thank you for everything!



Wednesday was my actual birthday. I knew I was going to have to work late that day and would be pretty tired when I got home so we didn't make any big plans. When I got home Eric had decorated the house in streamers and balloons as well. It was so sweet. That night we just got comfy and were lazy on the couch the rest of the night. It was perfect :)



Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special. All the calls and texts and love - I have some pretty amazing people in my life. I'm very excited for everything the next year may bring!

3 comments:

  1. Aww that was so cute! So fun that Eric did that to the house when you got home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Happy Birthday Lauren!!! That cake Betty made looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many terrific birthday treats!!
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete