Sunday, January 8, 2017

In his element

Happy New Year!! I would give you an update on our crazy New Years but it was very low-key. Eric was still getting over being sick so he actually ended up falling asleep around 9:30. I got some stuff done around the house and woke him up at 11:59 to watch the ball drop :) Welcome 2017! I'm certainly never against a quiet night in. I hope you all had a safe, enjoyable New Year!

Over the holidays, my mom and I told my brother to let us know about his hockey schedule to see if we could make it to a game since he's finally back in the area. Since most of his games don't even start until around 10:30-11 PM, we knew we probably wouldn't be able to make many of them. Luckily that week, one of his games just so happened to be rescheduled to 8:40 PM, which is pretty much unheard of. So we definitely took advantage to meet up at the ice rink to watch him play.



I actually realized I hadn't seen my brother play hockey in probably 10-15 years. It's such a big part of his life, it was so fun to see him in his element!



He's number 11.



I remember going to so many of his games when he played inline, and then spending so much time at the ice house for games and practices when he started playing ice hockey (and I only went to a fraction of his games/practices). He would play on multiple teams at a time, practically living on the ice outside of school. It was very nostalgic to be back watching him play.





It was also really nice to get to spend some time with Holly, Mark's wife. Mark and Eric play on the same team again now, but they've been friends for 20 years. I remember them playing hockey on roller blades back when we first moved into my mom's neighborhood, so to see them on the ice still playing together now is pretty cool.



I hope many, many more of his games get pushed up to a time I can actually make it to! I loved watching him play again.



3 comments:

  1. Super fun! Wish I could have watched too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see his game. He was great out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots of Eric on the ice! What fun! Hoping he'll play when I come out?!

    ReplyDelete