Sunday, March 12, 2017

Wedding Week - I was spoiled!

Hello!! It's been a while but I'm back! I had all intentions of blogging up until the wedding but February was a blur and sped by so fast. Eric and I are MARRIED! We just got back from our trip to Costa Rica on Friday and have so much to catch up on.

February was full of final meetings with our vendors, DIY projects, and putting all the last-minute pieces together for the wedding. Midway through the month, Eric headed down to Florida for a trip with some of his friends. It gave me a chance to get a lot done. When he got back, I headed to Leesburg the week before the wedding to begin celebrating with family!

My mom and Aunt Janet took me out to get my nails done on Thursday. It was so relaxing and a lot of fun.



We got comfy robes and took our time picking out colors.



We sat back with drinks in hand while getting pampered.





Can't complain about the view either.



Thank you so much mom and Janet!! My nails were all ready for the wedding :)



Then I got to spend some quality time with my mom, sister and her girls, my aunt Janet and uncle Terry before more family started arriving on Friday.



The weather was absolutely beautiful and in the high 60s leading up to the big day.



Everyone was so ready to roll up their sleeves and help out in any way they could. It was truly amazing and humbling to see so many people willing to go out of their way for us. The linens proved to be a more difficult task than we thought!

On Friday my sister had a whole day of activities planned for me and some friends. I honestly can't express enough how incredible she is and how amazing the day was. She went out of her way organizing and setting everything up with me in mind. It was literally the perfect day for me and SO needed! We started off the morning doing hot yoga. Let me tell you - it's one of the best ways to start your day. We felt completely refreshed and energized afterwards. Something I will definitely look into doing again. After lunch we went to Escape Room. This was SO much fun. I could have spent the whole night there solving all of their rooms.



Everyone worked so well together - definitely want to do this again too!



After Escape Room we went to The Art Station. I love anything art-related, whether it's painting, drawing, crafting, etc. There was an instructor that walked us through our paintings while you could sip on wine and have snacks if you'd like. I've heard of these before and have alwaysss wanted to try it! It was so fun to see everyone's paintings. I could definitely use some more lessons ;)





I think they turned out pretty great :) We finished out the night going to dinner and talking/laughing together until the restaurant closed.



The whole day was so much fun and got my mind completely away from the wedding. It still blows my mind Katie was able to plan it all while working, taking care of her family, and trying to coordinate girls from all over the country. Needless to say, I had the best maid of honor a girl could ask for ;) Thank you Katie!

3 comments: