Friday, November 3, 2017

Halloween Party in LA

Once we moved out here, Eric and I were very excited to get to spend time with family we haven't had a chance to see as much living on the East coast. One of the things we were most excited about was my Aunt Janet's Halloween party that her family throws every year. They've been doing it for 19 years and this is the first time we've had a chance to go!


This year was a medieval/Game of Thrones theme. I knew they would go all out for these parties, but I couldn't believe it when I walked in. It was so much more elaborate than I ever thought.



Eric and I didn't have a lot of time to get creative with costumes, but fortunately found these at Goodwill which fit perfectly with the theme.


It looked as though they had been working on this all year. Everything was so creative and impressively done.



The dungeon bars were made completely out of duct tape, there were lanterns made out of tissue paper, and the walls made to look like stone. It was incredible.


The chef was hard at work in the kitchen and there were still a few things to be done, so we got right to work helping where we could.


Believe it or not, all of their sinks had stopped draining earlier in the day so all the prep was being done without the use of the sinks. My aunt Janet said this is the most unprepared they had ever been - yeah right! If that was the case, it certainly wasn't seen by anyone else.



The plumber (above) was supposed to come fix the issue much earlier in the day, but didn't show up until right after the party started. He said to fix the issue that night, it would cause the kitchen to be out of commission for several hours and be a huge mess. Obviously, that wasn't going to be an option. So they scheduled a time for him to come back another day. The show must go on! They truly handled it like champs.



I jumped in the kitchen to help my Uncle Terry and was put right to work.


Soon the rush of people were arriving.





Soon enough, it was time to eat! We had a deliciously prepared feast of chicken, pork, green beans, and potatoes.


I got to catch up with my Uncle Johnny and his family, Tim, Pat, Melanie, Nolan and his girlfriend, my cousin Taylor and his friends, among others. It was such a great time!


I wish I had more pictures of everyone who was there but I was too focused on catching up with people and the time went so quickly.


Before we knew it, we saw it was 11 PM and we still had an hour drive ahead of us, so it was time to say goodbye.



Thank you Aunt Janet and Uncle Terry for the fabulous party! We truly had such a fantastic time and are so glad we got to make it this year! We can't wait to get together with you again soon.



3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a blast! Impressive decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some terrific pictures! Thanks for all you and Eric did to help us out!
    It really turned out better than we thought. We had a great time, too and really appreciated the next plumber showing up Sunday to give us a sink again to finish the clean up! All is well now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I missed it! First time I've ever missed since the first ones at Aunt Dorothy's house, then Dan and Bridge's in Rowland Heights...the famous Mickey and Minnie Mouse attended, and the rest, as they say, is history.

    ReplyDelete