Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving in Virginia

Last week I flew out to Virginia for Thanksgiving! As soon as Ben and Rosie were born, I was scouring for flights to go visit. I was so, so excited to spend time with family and to be back in my home state for the first time since June.

I did feel bad leaving Benny for Thanksgiving, but he was 110% supportive and encouraging of me going. That didn't stop him from cooking a whole Thanksgiving meal though. Thankfully he was able to have a celebration with our old roommate Caleb. See their turkey day spread below.



I flew overnight Monday, my mom picked me up around noon Tuesday, and we made the three hour drive down to Katie's house. It was SO great to see them and love on the newest members of the family.





Jane probably changed the most since I last saw her in August. She is such a chatterbox - last time I saw her she wasn't even talking in full sentences.





We took lots of walks around the neighborhood, it was the perfect Fall weather.







And the leaves! They were so bright and beautiful.



I spent a lot of time holding these two.







The girls wanted to help mom in the kitchen with the pie. Jane helped by adding a Sesame Street sticker on the crust when no one was looking.



Eleanor loving on her little brother.



And grandma loving on her grandkids.



Thanksgiving morning Eric drove down and got to meet the twins too!



Katie and I tried to do a little photo shoot with the babes while they're still so tiny.



Then we all got dressed and headed out for our annual field goal kicking.





Even Katie kicked, albeit very cautiously.





Chris and Eric kicked the furthest as usual. My goal is just making it over, which I did!





I love this tradition. It's a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the fresh air before eating a lot of food and lounging around the rest of the day.







The King and Queen of Thanksgiving day naps:



Mom went straight to work cooking up a delicious feast for us all. I had full intentions of helping more, but those baby snuggles are hard to get away from. I asked to help a few times, but mom makes it all seem effortless.





The chef!



And our feast. It was all so delicious!





Eleanor told us the story of Thanksgiving that she learned in school, which was adorable - I wish I would have recorded it.



The rest of the day consisted of resting and playing until bedtime.



Of course there was a card game or two.



Friday we ran a few errands, took a walk, played some games, and had a pizza movie night. Then it was time to get my last snuggles before it was time to leave early Saturday morning.







I had such a great time, I can't wait to come back with Benny in December. We have countless things to be grateful for this year. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah I love the pic of J caught in the act with her sticker!! Thanks so much for coming and surprising me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a treat to have you with us!!! I also love catching J with the sticker!

    ReplyDelete