Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Weekend in San Clemente

My aunt was so nice to offer to let us stay at their little vacation house in San Clemente for the weekend, which was much closer to them for their Halloween party. It was so fun to get away for a couple days and explore a new place. Eric had never been and it had been many years since I've been.



The house is in such a great location in the middle of everything, and it was so cute!



As soon as we got to the water, all the memories flooded back to me from the time I had visited many years before. This is where my sister and I tried surfing for the first and only time (hopefully again someday soon!).



We took a walk along the pier, which was lined with people fishing. I know Eric wishes he could have cast out a line or two.









We stopped to eat at Fishermans Restaurant on the pier. It's such a beautiful place, we could literally see the waves crashing on the beach through the boards below us.



And the food was fantastic - Eric got the fish and chips while I got the fish tacos.



After lunch we took a walk along the beach to look for something to add to our rock garden.









I couldn't leave without putting a penny on the train tracks - another memory I have from when we were here last.



Then we went to take a walk around town before it was time to leave.









San Clemente is such a beautiful, charming town. It is the best place for a weekend getaway. Thank you so much for letting us stay Aunt Janet!


3 comments:

  1. Such a great weekend away! I would love to stay there again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always welcome! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete