Thursday, September 26, 2019

26 Weeks

We are 26 weeks along!


Unfortunately I probably won't have anymore fun ultrasounds to share from here on out. I feel like my belly has definitely gotten bigger in the last two weeks. I feel her kick more often, and now sometimes higher up near my ribs. She is still most active in the early morning and dinnertime.
The day I officially turned 26 weeks (this past weekend) was the first day a stranger in the grocery store noticed I was pregnant and said congratulations. At first I was confused what he was congratulating me on, and then I looked down and realized I guess the belly isn't so discreet anymore.
I've definitely noticed sleep has been getting a little trickier. I'm normally a great sleeper. I can still fall asleep just fine, but if/when I wake up in the middle of the night it is very hard for me to go back to sleep.
I officially bought a couple basic maternity tees from Target this past week. I was going to try to avoid it but I am going to have to dress a little nicer in the next few months because... I'm starting a new job next week! I was a little hesitant being only three months out from needing to take maternity leave, but they are aware and seem fine with the whole situation. The hope is to figure out a flexible teleworking schedule once the baby is here, but we just won't know what any of that will look like until then. Wish me luck!
All in all I am still feeling great and loving every minute of being pregnant. She has been pretty easy on me so far and I am very thankful for that.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, definitely can't hide baby now!
    Enjoy people opening doors, carrying things for you and all the perks that nice people try to do. It is a short window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! And congratulations on the new job!!!

    ReplyDelete