Thursday, April 21, 2022

Riser is 1 month old

 


Riser is already one month old! I can't believe how big he is getting already. It felt like we had such a long newborn period with Bonnie, so concerned about her eating and growing and being healthy. With this little guy, he is growing so fast I feel like the newborn period with him is going to be way too short! I have been trying to soak in all the wonderful newborn sweetness while I can.

At his 2 week check-up, Riser was 7 lb, 15.5 oz. He is eating about every 2-3 hours except during the times he starts cluster feeding (mostly in the evenings). Thankfully he is also able to take a bottle so Eric is able to help at times. He is drinking around 4 ounces per feed. He has outgrown his newborn clothes and is now in 0-3 months. He is still unsure about the pacifier, but every once in a while it seems to help. 

We don't have any sort of nap schedule during the day yet. He still just sleeps when he wants and feeds on demand. I am hoping in the coming months to start establishing more of a routine. I have been recently putting him to bed for the night around 9 or 9:30 so that I can get an hour to myself before I go to bed. He is waking up about every 2-3 hours. After his 5/6 AM feed is usually the hardest to get him to go back to sleep as he just seems gassy and uncomfortable. 

I wear him a lot in the wrap carrier because it keeps him the most secure. Especially now that my attention is split between him and Bonnie, the wrap is wonderful because I can hold him while I tend to her. He has been doing well sleeping in his bassinet and has taken a handful of naps in his crib as well. He doesn't seem to love the baby swing but just loves laying on his belly on the floor.  

Riser is such a sweet sweet boy. We are just so in awe of him and blessed to have him in our family. 


Bonnie at 1 month for comparison:

2 comments: