Friday, January 19, 2024

My birthday

My birthday was very low-key this year, on account of Eric and I both had strep. We both tested positive the day before my birthday and were told we would be contagious until we had been on antibiotics for 24 hours. That morning I treated myself and the kids to donuts and coffee. I let them run around at the library for a short time and then spent the rest of the afternoon at home.


My request this year was strawberry short cake, which Bonnie was very eager to help make.

With Eric sick too, neither one of us were up for cooking so we ordered take out from Olive Garden. Then opened presents and had cake - that's all the celebrating I need! 

Love the kids trying to help blow out the candles. I didn't even know they were doing that.


It was a wonderful birthday with my favorite little people! I am so thankful.

3 comments:

  1. ❤️ so sweet. Hope you are feeling well and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is better now! Sweet pictures !

    ReplyDelete