Saturday, January 13, 2024

New Years

We closed out 2023 completing our goal of 1,000 hours outside for the year. I attempted this goal in 2022 as well, so I feel like we have been focused on being outside as much as possible for the last 2 years. As much as I love the outdoors, and will continue to push outdoor play and exploration - I am thankful this goal can be checked off!

On New Year's Eve we participated in a scavenger hunt at a park nearby which ended in hot chocolate and treats for the kids. It was a lot of fun!


We played some board games and watched an early New Year's Eve countdown for the kids. 

After we put the kids to bed, Benny and I stayed up reflecting over the last year, creating goals for the year ahead, playing one of the games we got for Christmas, and watching some stand up comedy. The perfect kind of New Year's Eve celebration for me!


Cheers to 2024!

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful day/night! And congratulations on 1000 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congratulations on the 1000 hours! That must have been hard! I love the picture of the four of you celebrating the New Year!

    ReplyDelete